Tomorrow is another Tokai day.......those are always challenging days for me. I guess because that's wen we are face to face with cancer.
Even though I live with it every day, Terence doesn't 'look' like a cancer patient- he has all of his hair! It's only when we enter into the cancer culture at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance- am I faced with the true ugliness of the disease.
(For those of you who have not kept up with this unfolding and unwanted drama- Terence has by-passed standard mmedical care for the prostate cancer....so he is on a clinical trial called TOK-001).
- Terence has been off of all pain meds for about 5 days now because he has been having some liver/gall bladder issues. The dr. needs to be able to isolate what is causing it.
- He may have to have his gall bladder removed.
- He is still on TOK-001- and we are praying the liver/gall bladder issues don't interupt this.
- He still has some severe ups and downs of fatigue.
- He has gained back his cognitive/memory skills,
- A tumor has metasisized to his spine & his PSA continues to rise.
- The original tumor hasn't shrunk, but the tumor(s) on his sternum and lymp nodes from his last scan (3.10) have disappeared!