Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Liver metastasis.

First oncology appointment, 2009

I will begin today's blog entry with the words from Richard Moore, a friend and fellow cancer fighter who posts this prayer on facebook faithfully every day; "Thank you Lord for seeing me through yesterday and being here for me today, you are my strength and shield, in you I trust and rely...Amen"

Today's oncology appointment wasn't so great.  Scans showed lots of new growth and an invasion of cancer to Terence's liver.  Terence's hands-on oncology provider Susan, who has wonderfully provided compassionate, direct and inmmediate care over the last 34 months- delivered the news with tears.  Dr M is scheduling an extended appointment with Terence and I to discuss end of life care and hospice.

"Thank you Lord for being with us today."

The picture in this post was taken on Terence's first real oncology appointment.  Even though there was a smile on our faces we were processing uncertainty, fear and shock.   Looking back at that picture......even then we weren't given any hope. The first diagnoses gave him about 9-18 months to live.  We've been living from that day forward  on a day to day basis and it's been...34....long...intense...months...

"Thank you Lord for seeing us through the last 34 months".

I'll write more later or perhaps Terence will.  We are still processing and praying for direction.


And finally....."you are my strength and shield, in you I trust and rely. Amen".


Blessings to you all- we fervently believe in God's goodness.



 ~Sherry
P.S.
facebook posts really do have an impact. Thanks Richard for your faithful day and night posts.

10 comments:

  1. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for all of you
    mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been following & praying since I found you through Blue Cure. So sorry to hear this. Praying for strength, peace & that you'll feel His love throughout this time. Through Christ you can do all things-Phil4:13.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the touch of his hand~ I believe! Praying for you both as I lift you up to the father for peace and strength and comfort!~You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you...........I believe!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as before I read this post, you are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both are in our prayers. We are in the same situation, but trying chemo, round #2. God gives us strength, Hope and Joy in knowing HE will be with you, I hope this gives both of you strength in what is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be praying for you too.
      Blessings to you.

      Delete