Sunday, November 11, 2012

The winds of winter


"...a strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough...." 
 Jn 6:18

The initial impact of Terence's death is starting to wear off.  
It's been 12 weeks.  Sometimes I feel that I am losing control.  
In fact,  I think I lost control a long time ago.

They say I may 'experience a feeling of temporary instability'...
yes, and it's a scary feeling.  
 I think this is an important time for me to
 remember that I have the ability to cope:
 
"God is my refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling." Psalms 46:1-3

 The winds of winter are blowing heartlessly 
and the waters have become rough... 

I am realizing 
that this is a time 
when much of my adjustment 
to widowhood takes place.






No comments:

Post a Comment