Thursday, October 13, 2011

The power of friendship

Terence's good friend Dean is having open heart surgery today.
"Bear one another’s burdens.Galatians 6:2
 by terence- october 13, 2011
 

We're sitting in the waiting room at St. Mark's hospital in Salt Lake City. It's 6:04 Am and my friend is being prepped for open heart surgery.

I have been recovering from surgery and fighting an infection as a result of it.  Sherry and I have been on the road and I have been in and out of pharmacy's trying to get a grip on the infection.  I've been feverish and tired and weak.  


When I found out my friend was facing heart surgery, I wanted to be by his side. We drove to Salt Lake City to spend a few days with him in preparation for the surgery today.  Within minutes, I found the strength I needed to stand with my friend and bear up some of the heavy burden he faces at this time.


Friendship is an awesome thing.  "As Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend" (Proverbs 27:17).  Two strong men, even in their weakest moments can find strength in another.

That's the power of friendship. 

 Friends, do you have loved ones who are struggling with their health? If so, don’t just go along for the ride. Get involved.  God’s strength and wisdom will abundantly be activated in you when you stand by your friend.........and it always helps one to know that the road to recovery need not be a lonely one!

No comments:

Post a Comment