Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finding the great

Father's Day, 2009 T & S with our grand kids.

April 12, 2012
by sherry

My last blog was skimpy in words, because like my mom always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".   
I didn't have a fit word.  I wouldn't have encouraged any body,
so I had to take some time to meditate and find  'good' in all of this.

Don't get me wrong- there are many good things happening in our midst- 
I cannot even begin to list them. 

 I just needed to understand the greater testimony in our situation.

So here's what I've been thinking today.  Psalm 119:125 says, "Give me understanding that I may 'know' (Hebrew; 'Yada'- to become intimate with) your testimonies". 
 What this scripture is saying is  "I want to experience your testimonies".  I think we all want to experience the miraculous, but I suppose great need  always precedes deliverance. 

This great need brings us to our knees.  Day by day we pray, watch and anticipate a miracle and before we know it we've pressed in and drawn close to the Lord.  I am sure many people have experienced Him in new and deeper ways due to prayer because of cancer.

 That is good......no, that is great.....

I suppose that's the best part- is that through this cancer mess, 
more people get on their knees. 


Medical update:

Terence begins a new cycle of chemotherapy on Monday (April 16th).

The swelling in his legs/pubic area lymphnodes have increased- Dr. M believes the chemo will decrease the tumor sizes and allow lymphatic fluids to flow which will hopefully reduce the swelling and bringing him some relief.  Until then, he is off his feet, which creates a new challenge- of remaining healthy even while he is sedentary.

His new "ride" is a wheel chair.
His kidney functions were higher in this week's labs- so that is requiring some medicinal changes.  His nephrostomy tube and Foley catheter are being managed well.

He is battling daily pain but we try to stay on top of it with morphine so it doesn't get away from him.  This takes an immense amount attention (by me) and incredible focus from Terence- he spends most days attempting to remain quiet-in order to overcome pain.

We are humbled to be recipients of your prayer and God's goodness.

10 comments:

  1. For what it is worth, prayers being said in Kentucky for Terence, you, and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Jesus, your plan is perfect even though our understanding of it is limited. That is why we pray, asking not only for healing for this servant of yours, but for understanding and perspective as well. This I pray in the powerful and holy name of Jesus.

    (a friend of Chad's)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Jesus, your plan is perfect even though our understanding of it is limited. That is why we pray, asking not only for healing for this servant of yours, but for understanding and perspective as well. This I pray in the powerful and holy name of Jesus.

    (a friend of Chad's)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you all! I am deeply humbled by your testimonies! Blessings and love! We will keep up the prayers!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Husband had surgery on Sept. 11, 2010 PSA still >.0. Praise God. On Sept. 5, 2011 he was diagnosed with Acute myeloid leukemia and after 5 1/2 months of chemo he has been back to work for 4 weeks with no sign of aml in bone marrow after testing.
    We are praying for Terence because we know prayers are answered by Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayer- and I am rejoicing with you for your husband's wellness! Amen!

      Delete
  6. Praying every day for you and Terence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sending prayers your way

    ReplyDelete