Thursday, September 9, 2010
Terence on extended phase I TOK-001 trial.
Overall, things are well (I think that's the best way to put it)...... difficult to describe.
1. Terence was permitted to continue the clinical trial and was placed on the extended phase I TOK-001 trial- even though his body hasn't been fully absorbing the medication like the other 6 men. We have to re-vamp his diet plan (yet again) until we find the food that will help it bind. Dr. M says that if we can do that, Terence would benefit from TOK-001 TEN-FOLD (right now he's benefitting from only a small percentage of it).
2. The scans showed no NEW cancer/tumor growth. Everything is as it was three months ago!
Not so good news:
1. Reality check. TOK-001 or any other medcial treatment can erradicate/ take away this cancer.
2. Terence's PSA has continued to rise quickly (from 14.7 last week to 22.5 today)- which indicates cancer growth, they just can't see it (they call it "micro-metastis").
3. Scans revealed more bone degeneration in all joints and spine......due to lack of hormones.
4. With the greater absorbtion of TOK-001 into is system comes some pretty bad nausea and vomitting.